A downloadable game for Windows
P.E.B.B.L.E.S. is a 2D platformer PvP arena game with Rock-Paper-Scissors color-based combat system and interactive/destructible terrain. All 1v1 modes can be played against a Player or Computer.
The colors are similar to elements, you can make different combos and achieve different effects. Some terrain gets colored by your attacks and then it also exhibits the properties of that color.
There are several game-modes:
- Training - for those who insist on knowing what they're doing
- Volleyball - simple mode without combat, for fun (you still lose if you die though)
- Pit fight - Series of NPCs to fight, with increasing difficulty
- Matches, battles - The meat of the game, arena fights in different varieties
- Base survival, Tower climb - Very experimental and not really done.
- Testing World - what it says on the tin, for testing and debugging
This is a public Alpha test. All you see is glorious programmer art, so nothing final. You can expect some bugs, although they happen very rarely. Also note that while the game can be played on keyboard, most of them don't support as many simultaneous button presses as you would like, so controller is very recommended. If your controller doesn't seem to be working, you can try the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator. The prompts in Training are currently always for X-Box controller.
!If the menu sounds seem loud, turn down your volume, they are quiet compared to the game. No in-game volume slider yet, sorry!
The speed of the game can be adjusted in Other Settings.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PEBBLESgame/
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYEeg1GkERn6zcVuIghwxag
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, Neon, Tactical|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 2|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- First public versionNov 17, 2018